The perfect choice to begin making the switch to reusable pads
The starter pack includes
- Saukhyam Essential Bases - 2
- Saukhyam Essential Inserts - 3
The bases and inserts can be used as individual pad pieces or together. Bases have a leak-proof layer and two straps on either ends. The insert can be slipped through these straps when needing extra protection.
When ready to make a complete switch to reusable menstrual pads, one can invest in additional cloth menstrual pad pieces.
Caring for your reusable pads
Saukhyam Reusable Pads are easy to wash and dry:
- Soak soiled cloth menstrual pad in tap water (do not use hot water as that will set the stains) for about 5 minutes. Squeeze soaked pads gently.
- If hand washing, apply some washing soap, and rub gently. Do not use a brush. Rinse with tap water.
- These reusable pads are washable in a machine.
- Sun dry your reusable menstrual pads by hanging them on a clothesline.
- If drying indoor, then take care that the pad is not hung in a dark or poorly ventilated space.
- The pads can be dried in a dryer. Recommended settings are high heat for insert and low heat for the base piece.
Please note that the colors shown in the product picture are only representative. The color of the product shipped to you might vary depending on what we have in stock. The starter pack will last approximately 4-5 years if given proper care.
Tip: Even though this is called the starter pack, many women with light to medium flow find the 5 pad pieces sufficient for their needs.