Using Your Heavy Flow Pack
This pack includes three 3-fold heavy flow pads and one 2-fold one. These washable period pads have a leak-proof layer.
One of the main advantages that these heavy flow pads offer over those of the Essential pad-shaped line is that they dry very fast. They also open up to squares and rectangles and look like hankies when hung up for drying, which is why some women prefer these.
Admittedly, some women find these cloth period pads, especially the 3-fold ones, to be a little thick. Others however, and especially those with a heavier menstrual flow, share that it is only with these pads that they feel totally secure.
The pack includes a 2-fold pad to be used on the days with lighter flow.
Caring for your reusable cloth period pads
Saukhyam reusable cloth period pads are easy to wash and dry:
- Soak soiled reusable sanitary pads in tap water (do not use hot water as that will set the stains) for about 5 minutes. Squeeze soaked pads gently.
- If hand washing, apply some washing soap, and rub gently. Do not use a brush. Rinse with tap water.
- These reusable sanitary pads are washable in a machine.
- Sun dry your washable period pads by hanging them on a clothesline. If drying indoors, then take care that the pad is not hung in a dark or poorly ventilated space.
- The pads can be dried in a dryer.
Please note that the colors shown in the product picture are only representative. The color of the product shipped to you might vary depending on what we have in stock. The pack will last approximately 1-2 years if given proper care.
Tip: For women who have heavier flow and need greater protection, the base and insert combo of the Essential Starter Pack which has 12 gms of banana fiber total and night reusable cloth pad with 9 gms of banana fiber are also great alternatives.